This article explains how to pair a Brother PocketJet 6 Bluetooth printer to your computer and where to download the driver (if driver installation disc is not available).
Pairing the Printer to the computer
- Look for the Bluetooth icon in the system tray (bottom right hand corner of your screen). If this icon is not present, refer to the user's manual for your system for instructions on enabling Bluetooth. This is normally done from the control panel.
- Double click on the Bluetooth icon
- Turn on your printer. Bluetooth is automatically enabled.
- Select "add a device".
- Once your computer discovers the Printer, highlight it and click "next:
- The passkey will be the last 4 digits of the serial number which can be found on the bottom of the printer. Enter the passkey and click "next"
- Make a note of the COM port for driver set-up.
- Click finish
Downloading the Brother PocketJet Drivers
- Navigate to the Brother Download Center by click this link PocketJet 6 with Bluetooth (PJ-662)
- From this page, select Downloads
- Verify that the operating system auto selected is the correct version for your PC (instructions on how to determine your operating system can be found on this page)
- Click Search
- On the Downloads page, select Printer Driver
- Review and Agree to the EULA
- Save the download file and then run from the downloaded location
- On the Driver Setup window, select Bluetooth Communication, then click next
- Click OK on the Driver Setup window which appears
- On the next window, click Next
- Using the dropdown menu, select the correct COM port (If you do not know the COM port, right click on the Bluetooth icon in the lower right hand corner of your computer screen and select Open Settings. Switch to the COM port tab and look for the COM port which references PJ662 serial port)
- Click Next and the installation will begin
- Once completed, click Next and then click Finish
- You may receive a prompt to restart your computer prior to the first use.
- Solatech Window Covering Software 4.0
- Solatech Window Covering Software 4.1
- Solatech Window Covering Software 4.2
- Solatech Window Covering 5 (SWCS5)