This article contains important information regarding upgrading a Fujitsu Computer to Windows 10. Please note that it is highly recommended to do a complete Data and Operating system backup prior to beginning the upgrade.
Visit the Fujitsu website at this link: http://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/www/content/support/mobile/windows10/index.php. Here you will find a step by step guide to the upgrade process. It is very important to follow the upgrade instructions completely to insure proper functionality post upgrade.
Windows 10 Upgrade Post-Installation Issues
Once the upgrade is complete, below is a list of potential issues, along with resolutions.
- BSOD, Black Screen or Blue Screen – In most cases an updated Graphics driver will be provided through Windows Update to address the issue. If the issue cannot be resolved by Windows, the system should automatically roll back to the prior Windows Operating System. If the roll back cannot be accomplished, then the system can be reimaged with the original Operating System.
- Video flicker/Video streaming – In most cases an updated Graphics driver will be provided through Windows Update to address the issue.
- No wireless networks are available after you upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164
- Windows 10 drivers: Microsoft recommends, that if Windows 10 drivers are not available, please use Windows 8.1 drivers. This article references Windows 10 Enterprise, but the process is similar for other Windows 10 installations: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dn798755.aspx
- Lifebook T732 and T734
- Stylistic Q702, Q704, Q775