These navigation and entry instructions may not be the only way to complete the desired task. For more in-depth explanations, any related articles will follow the instructions as links.
The Replace Items feature allows you to do one of five things.
- Change the entire product including manufacturer, product, style, and options (Click on the top portion of the Replace Items icon.
- Only Change the Manufacturer, Product and Style, not including changing options within the style. (Click on Replace Products in the drop down under Replace Items.)
- Only Replace the Style of the product. This will retain the same Manufacturer and product, and does not include changing any options in the style. (Click on Replace Styles in the drop down under Replace Items.)
- Only Replace an option within a style (i.e. change the color). This changes one option at a time. (Click on Replace Options in the drop down under Replace Items.)
- Or Replace discounts within a product (i.e. apply a customer discount)
- NOTE: Two or more line items MUST be highlighted in order to use the Replace Items feature.
- For the purpose of this article, we will cover the first, fourth, and fifth only, because they are the most commonly used.
The most popular choice in this feature is the Replace Items (Click on the top portion of the icon)
- From Edit Quote/Sale window, highlight two or more line items and click the top portion of the Replace Items Icon.
- This feature allows you to entirely change the manufacturer, product, style, and multiple options all at the same time.
- This option will open order entry and allow changes to everything except measurement options and mount. These must remain static because you may not want to change them all to be the same.
- For this example we will replace the entire product, so highlight the products you would like to replace and click on the upper portion of the 'Replace Items' icon.
- The top portion of the window below shows the current product selected, unless you have line items with different manufacturers or products. In that case it will say
- Click 'Select' to choose the new product.
- You will first get a message telling you certain options cannot be changed.
- Then you will get a message telling you to validate before making any changes.
- Both of these messages can be disabled by checking the 'Do not show again' box before clicking OK.
- An Order Entry window will appear.
- Click the Green Validate bar, then make the desired changes.
- Remember: Using this feature you may change the manufacturer, product, style, and any options.
- Once your changes have been made, click OK. Then click OK again to apply the replacement.
- A window will appear that summarizes the changes, including any changes to the price.
- Click OK to make the changes to the quote.
- This window shows all changes made to the product, including price. Any errors generated by the change will be shown at the bottom of each line item summary.
- To complete the change, click OK.
- Save the quote or sale so your changes are not lost.
To change an option within the same product and style:
- From Edit Quote/Sale window, click the down-arrow under the Replace Items Icon, then click Replace Options.
- For this example, we will change the color option. In the window shown below, after 'Change instances of option', choose 'Color' from the drop down menu.
- Then choose the color to which the products need to be changed.
- Then click OK.
- Another review window will open showing any change to the Pricing of the line item selected. To view the details of the change, click the [+] next to the line number.
- Again, this window, will show any errors generated by the change. These can be addressed by double clicking on the line item to edit.
- To complete the change, click OK.
To change the discounts applied to each line:
- With two or more Line Items highlighted, click the down arrow under 'Replace Items' and choose 'Replace Discounts'.
- You will have the choice to Change the Item Discount or the Customer Discount.
- Item Discount should be a flat rate discount that, for example, might discount the cordless surcharge for each line item.
- Customer Discount will be a percentage discount that gets applied to each line that is highlighted.
- Click on the radio button of which discount you would like to change.
- In this example we are changing the Customer Discount to 20%. A percent sign is NOT needed after the number when you are changing the CUSTOMER discount.
- Click OK
- A review screen will appear showing how this will change the price of each line item.
- Click OK again to apply these changes to the quote.
- SalesPRO Software