This article describes how to change the default options for products in SalesPRO. There are a couple of ways to do this: At the product level and at a system level.
- From within SalesPRO, go to the Maintenance tab
- Select the drop down menu under Manage Lists
- Select Option Defaults
- On the Option Defaults window, select New
- In the Option Name field, type the option name. Please note that the option name must match exactly. (For Example: Valance Type would be a separate option from Valance)
- Option names are also case sensitive. For example, if you are wanting to set the default for Option 'Valance Type', typing 'valance type' will not apply.
- In the Option Value field, type the desired option value. Again, the option value must match exactly.
- Press OK to exit and save the change.
- When using this method, the Option Value selected will apply to EVERY product which contains an Option Name and Option Value that match the data entered.
- From within the SalesPRO software, go to the Maintenance tab and select the Product Manager icon
- Double click a product for which you wish to change the default option. For this example, we'll use Alta 1-3/8 inch Wood Blind.
- This will bring up the Product Properties window.
- Select the Usage tab
- Click on Option Defaults
- On the Option Defaults window, click on New.
- On the Edit Option Default window, type in Option Name: and Option Value: of your choice (note BOTH of these values must match exactly)
- Click OK to exit and save your change
- The new default option will apply only to the selected product.
- SalesPRO Software